If you have pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, loonies, toonies or even larger amounts to donate to SHARE’s toy bank, you can do so through The NOW’s Pennies for Presents campaign.
Since 1990, Pennies for Presents has raised more than $150,000, money that allows SHARE to buy Christmas gifts for Tri-Cities kids whose families cannot afford to do so.
All of the proceeds go towards SHARE, since the campaign is run through volunteer efforts. Cheques should be made payable to SHARE Family & Community Services Society. Coins do not have to be wrapped. Just drop them off at one of the nearly 20 community locations and we’ll do the rest.
The following Tri-Cities locations are drop-off sites (days and hours of operation vary):
- Coquitlam Fire Hall No. 1, 1300 Pinetree Way
- RCMP detachment, 2986 Guildford Way
- Ridgeway Community Police Station, 1059 Ridgeway Ave.
- The Bay, Coquitlam Centre (housewares and linens service desk on upper level)
- SHARE, 200-25 King Edward St. (in the parking lot by Winners)
- Scotiabank, 953 Brunette Ave.
- Scotiabank, 465 North Rd. (at Austin Avenue)
- Scotiabank, Coquitlam Centre
- Port Coquitlam Fire Hall No. 1, 1725 Broadway St.
- Downtown Port Coquitlam Community Police Station, 2581 Mary Hill Rd.
- Northside PoCo Community Police Station, 3312 Coast Meridian Rd.
- Scotiabank, 4100-2850 Shaughnessy St.
- Port Moody Police Department, 3051 St. Johns St.
- Port Moody Fire Hall No. 1, 200 Ioco Rd.
- SHARE Food Bank, 2615 Clarke St. (enter off Spring Street)
- Scotiabank, 2501 St. Johns St.
Donations will also be accepted at our regional office, at 201A-3430 Brighton Ave. in Burnaby (just west of North Road at Lougheed Highway; across from Production Way SkyTrain Station), from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. This year’s campaign ends on Dec. 31. For more information, call us at 604-444-3451.
Thank you for donating to Pennies for Presents!