PORT COQUITLAM - A Port Coquitlam teen missing for three weeks will likely have a story to tell following his return home.
On Tuesday, Coquitlam Mounties issued a press release noting 16-year-old Dominique Delagiraudais had returned home safe and sound.
RCMP Cpl. Jamie Chung said there weren't many details have too share, but presumed the teen came back home on his own and he's OK.
As part of the RCMP's missing person protocol, he said investigators were expected to interview Dominique about his disappearance.
Chung said the boy's return home was a good news story.
His return followed an appeal just a day before by police and his mom for the public's help in locating the 16-year-old, suggesting the teen could be in the wilderness in the Fraser Valley, Okanagan or as far away as Alberta.
Speaking to the media, his mother Marie noted her son was a big fan of the show Survivor Man and would use his money to stock pile outdoor survivalist gear in the last few years.
She also indicated her son had run away once before in February for three days to camp at Stave Lake near Mission.
Dominique disappeared April 21 after having an argument with his mom, but she said he wasn't in a "bad state" when he left.
A week after he disappeared, a search party in the Mission and Stave Lake areas on Sunday turned up no clues. Members of Coquitlam Search and Rescue were also out that weekend, combing areas along the Coquitlam River.
A search near the river did turn up some of Dominique's belongings.
Last week, a family friend thought they had spotted the teen on a bus, but after viewing video footage it was determined not to be Dominique.
© Copyright 2013